Just a few of the reasons you might have:
- you are a student or community listener who gets something from your local campus or community station that you can't find anywhere else;
- you believe in listener-supported radio as a principle, to keep balance in the media landscape;
- you value the mission of campus and community radio: creating good relevant local info and cultural content; providing public access to the airwaves; support for emerging and independent artists; training and networking for volunteers;
- your own career was supported or launched in the campus & community radio sector, and the NCRA was an important part of your early professional development;
- you are an emerging and/or independent artist who needs community-based radio to get you to the next level;
- you believe in public discourse, new ideas, democracy and human rights, local culture, user-generated media, and progressive thinking (for example, discussion of environmental issues, -- now a crucial mainstream concern -- has been happening on community radio since the 1960s);
- like so many Canadians, you hear yourself and your own community reflected on campus and community radio like nowhere else in the Canadian media;
- you belong to a community group or NGO that uses links with campus & community radio to carry out your mandate;
- you think someone should be there to answer when a campus or community station needs help;
- you want campus and community radio to have a national advocate.
Give now at http://ncra.ca/donors/donate-online
If you see yourself in any of the above, then you surely know others who want to support community-based radio. Send them here to give online, or to join the Friends of Campus/Community Radio club, coming soon!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on appreciation/acknowledgement of your gift. We are trying to build a community of NCRA supporters to keep the sector viable and sustainable. The community-based radio mandate is more relevant than ever. Please show your support!